Monday 26 March 2012

Clandestine Cake Club & A Saturday in Cambridge

Pin It
This Saturday I went along to my first Clandestine Cake Club which was hosted by Miss Sue Flay at La Tasca in Cambridge. It was great fun, and lovely meeting new people as well as trying some amazing cakes. Unfortunately I only managed 4 slices before ending up in the biggest sugar coma. The theme was show stopper cakes and they sure were. I ended up making another Dan Lepard recipe, a coconut milk layer cake with meringue buttercream icing which I was pretty pleased with. I just wish I had added a little more lime. It is a cake I have been baking at work so I had managed to get a little practice in with the icing. It was great meeting Lynn, the founder of the Clandestine Cake Club who came along to join us for the event. Miss Sue Flay is planning some more events for the year so if you would like to find out more details check out the Clandestine Cake Club website

After the event, Victoria, Jo & myself headed off for a G&T in the sun. We ended up on the wall outside Kings College soaking up the rays and people watching. It was the perfect thing to get my out of my sugar coma. We have been so lucky with the weather the last week or so and I am dreading it getting cold again. Days like that really make me appreciate how beautiful Cambridge is and how lucky I am to live where I do. (The last picture is just for Jo, this 'chap' was posing for everyone for about 15minutes)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...